Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I Have No Reason to Be Afraid of Anything


I'm holding, in my hand, the primary line of defense in my house. It's not just a pinata stick. It is the pinata stick. A remnant from some party from some forgotten age, the pinata stick has long stood tall as my unflinching security system.

When, last year, I heard people sneaking around my back door, snooping around my basement, checking to see if the door was unlocked, what do you think I did? I grabbed that pinata stick, that's what I did. And I held it in hand as I asked them what they thought they were doing. One of them bolted out of the house. The other stammered a nervous excuse before the pinata stick and I decided to let him live.

Sure, since Kevin moved in, we have his wide array of baseball bats, Civil War muskets, and Ninja Stars, but I'll keep this stick by my side.

Come on, punk. Get a little closer. So I can break you open. Let's find out what kind of candy you're stuffed with.

(Hey, kids, wanna play the "what's happening in the background of this picture" game? Well, for starters, Bender's eating! Neat! Longtime readers are well aware of Bender's affection for food! And, look, over on the stove--somebody's left a wooden spoon on a burner. Uh oh! That could be trouble!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should tape that picture to both front and back doors. That's enough to keep the bad guys away.

And if you could get a picture of Kevin dressed up in Civil War gear holding a musket, hell, you might as well leave the doors unlocked.

Anonymous said...

everybody was kung fu fighting!
What pinata stick fighting style do you prefer? Monkey, rabbit, tiger??? Are you certified? If not...maybe you should pick up that wooden spoon and hope your cat has attack cat instincts.

Anonymous said...

Jason is a defender of the helpless when he has his pinata stick. Once I screamed because I saw a spider, and Dah-DAH-DAH! Jason arrived, brandishing his pinata stick! Then he saw that I was screaming not because I was being killed or molested, but only because a spider was in the vicinity. He went back inside.
(So...I guess he saves his super powers for mortal danger only?)

My hero (sorta).
Mandie