Sunday, December 03, 2006

Everywhere I go, there's music

Because I pretty much allow my iPod to dictate the direction of my day and life, it seemed appropriate to highjack this little game from somebody else's blog. Hopefully my iTunes are as kind and occasionally funny and Nicky's were....


The rules are simple. Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING. Cheating is for losers. Cheaters never prosper. For visual aid, here is a cheater:

I mean, unless you count making millions of dollars, breaking countless records, and breaking countless hearts (I'm assuming). Regardless, I have not used any illegal steroids over the course of this blog entry. I did, of course, drink horse urine but as far as I know that isn't illegal. Yet.

Questions!

How does the world see you?
“I’ve Always Been Crazy” – Waylon Jennings

Sigh, World, c’mon, after all we’ve been through? You still think I’m crazy? Even after all those times where it was my absolute sanity that ended up saving the day? Oh well, I can’t question you. Well, as the song's lyric goes, “I’ve always been crazy, but that’s kept me from going insane.” So maybe this is a compliment!


Will I have a happy life?
“Grindstone” – Uncle Tupelo

“every hour will be spent/filling a quota, just getting along” Yay, life! Sign me up for more! And let's hope more of my life will be represented by feel-good Uncle Tupelo lyrics. Those guys just make you feel happy all over!


What do my friends really think of me?
“You’re so Good to Me” – The Beach Boys

Gee whiz, friends! You’re swell! I tell you, if there's one thing I've got it's a good bunch of friends. Even if they didn't actually have anything to do with this. And they all mock me behind their backs. But maybe they do recognize how good I am to them.


What do people secretly think of me?
“Soul of a Man” -- Ollabelle

So they secretly question the strength and quality of my soul? I just ask the world to keep this a secret so I don't have to address it. I like to keep my soul to myself.


How can I be happy?
“Tonight I’ll Be Staying Here With You” – Bob Dylan

Well, I’m not exactly sure who “you” are in this situation, but I suppose there is a chance that such a night could lead to happiness. (I almost spelled that last word “happyness.” Screw you, Will Smith with your movie and its faulty spelling.)


What should I do with my life?
"Comin’ Around" – Steve Earle

I was hoping this game would elucidate everything for me. That, however, was way too vague. Do better next time, random iTunes game.


What is some good advice for me?
“No Other Baby” – Paul McCartney

Ooookay, iTunes. Thanks for clearing that up. What I'm hoping for is that in ten years, I'll be facing my darkest moment looking for some kind of brilliant advice and I'll think "Wait a minute...what was that song I was supposed to listen to?" And, of course, I'll never remember it, because this song to ridiculously obscure. And I'll never get the necessary advice. And then I'll cry. A lot.


How will I be remembered?
“Shame on You” – Hot Hot Heat

All right, so my memory will be wrapped up in shame. Beautiful. If only I'd remember the name of that Paul McCartney song. Everything would be different.


What is my signature dancing song?
“Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison

I just can’t keep my feet still. But only with this song. It’s my signature dance song. It makes me sing Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.


What do I think my current theme song is?
“Let It Be” – A Nick Cave cover of The Beatles

Man, who knew how deep I was? And me, in my amazing depth, can't even be satisfied with that trite Beatles version. I need Nick Cave to express my current emotions.


What does everyone else think my current theme song is? “A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall” – Bob Dylan

Well, at least everyone else thinks I’m deep too. So, thanks, everyone else.


What song will play at my funeral?
“Be True to Your School” – Beach Boys

I certainly hope this song is played at my funeral. In fact, I am going to demand it. Let me write a note right now. Okay done.


What type of men/women do you like?
“Country Trash” – Johnny Cash

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.


What is my day going to be like? “Touch the Hand” – Conway Twitty
Oh. I’ve got nothing I can say to that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think horse urine is actually vegan...here's my rationale: it is something the horse naturally sheds? I mean yes, it is a horse produced product, but I'm not sure there is a high demand for it.

Also..."Country trash?" HILARIOUS! (stay away from me, conway twitty!)

M --thanks for the blink (blog link)

Anonymous said...

I followed the rules thoroughly, which made for some confusing answers that I'm hoping Swami J-Drive can help me with. But overall, I'm happy no embarrassing selections came up. Also, I'm posting this on myspace.


How does the world see you?
"Dream Brother" by Jeff Buckley

Okay, yeah, that's probably true.

Will I have a happy life?
"Four Seasons in One Day" by Crowded House

This one's dead on! I am a very emotional young lady.

What do my friends really think of me?
"Oh, Take Me Back" by M. Ward

Ha! And you won't get me either, you traitorous dogs!

What do people secretly think of me?
"Memphis Skyline" by Rufus Wainwright

I'm hoping this means Elvis is somehow involved whenever my friends think of me.

How can I be happy?
"Our Faces Split The Coast in Half" by Broken Social Scene

Yeah, that pretty much says it.

What should I do with my life?
"Looking at the Sun" by Matthew Sweet

I do, Matthew, I do!

What is some good advice for me?
"Cocoon" by the Decemberists

Oh, well that's helping tons.

How will I be remembered?
"Lisa Ling and Lucy Liu" by Mike Doughty

Fuck yeah, you will.

What is my signature dancing song?
"Everyone" by Van Morrison

"We shall walk again ... Ev-er-y-one, Ev-er-y-one, Ev-er-y-one ..."

What does everyone think my current theme song is?
"Rememo" by Kings of Leon

I don't ever, ever, ever listen to this band. I don't even know why it's on my iTunes.

What song will play at my funeral?
"Supermarkets/Vegetables" by Eddie Izzard

This is actually a comedy routine, but I'm following the rules to a T, and damn it, I love the idea of peals of laughter mingling with the peals of a bell ringing at my funeral. Remember me how I lived, friends, discussing the layout of supermarkets.

What type of men/women do you like?
"For Clyde Tombaugh" by Sufjan Stevens

Okay.

What is my day going to be like?
"I Got Stripes" by Johnny Cash

That's no goodnik.

Anonymous said...

see, if i do one of these, something like 'it's raining men' will come up over and over again. i know it.

Anonymous said...

You drank horse urine? And I thought you were vegan. :)