Monday, February 19, 2007

Someday Soon

As was suggested to me not long ago by Molly Jo Rose, this blog seems like a good place to do things beyond just posting funny videos of vegans or posts about celebrities I'm told I look like (both of which are certainly staples of the O v. C that aren't going anywhere). Specifically, the idea is that I can occasionally post interviews (that will likely be somewhat tongue-in-cheek) with writers and people involved somehow in the book/publishing/writing/performing biz.

Obviously, I envision myself in this way:

http://www.queens.edu/images/Charlie%20Rose%20web.jpg

Look how thoughtful and caring Charlie Rose is. One hand folded gently into the other -- the fingers not crossed in what would undoubtedly be an aggressive gesture. He's really interested in whatever it is that whoever this is he's talking to has to say. I mean, my chin isn't nearly that dimpled, but I can do this. Yeah, "tell me about this new book." That feels pretty natural. "What's the publishing life like these days?" Man, I've got a thousand of these. I should probably save 'em for the actually interviews. Or, you know, Charlie Rose (upon Googling himself) might have found this page and begun writing them down.

And those actually interviews, of course, depend somewhat upon my reading public (if 4 constitutes a public). Would you or someone you know be a good fit for a segment on Octopus vs. Chipmunk? Let me know (and that includes you, Charlie Rose). I have a couple of interviews in the works, but I would certainly like to have more.

So yeah, someday soon, we'll do something like this.

4 comments:

Jason Olsen said...

Oh, and I apologize for the fact that I talked that much about Charlie Rose in a post based on a suggestion from my friend Molly Jo Rose and didn't once make a joke about the fact they have the same last name.

And I further apologize for leaving this comment on this post because, really, it wasn't that interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'd try to get Charlie Rose. That would be a hot interview. The whole internet would be a-buzz.

Or Todd Jones. We were talking about him this morning. He still insists that it wasn't pine tar on Kenny Roger's hand - it was gravy!

Amanderpanderer said...

I was actually thought you had intentionally not mentioned the obvious: Charlie Rose, Molly Jo Rose last name CONSPIRACY! AH! CONSPIRACY! YOU WERE TRYING TO HUSH IT! (you're all in on it.)

I think you should interview Jus'Rhymes. (P.S. He freaking lost!)

Anonymous said...

Great. Now everyone knows about my "conspiracy". The truthiness is out there.

Here's something else you can do if your last name is Rose - Make funny poems. My Grandpa Irving wrote this one: I sat down. I got up. I Rose.