Thursday, March 09, 2006

Celebrities I've Been Told I Look Like

As a visual aid to guide you through the nonsense that is to follow, here I am, moments ago, standing in front of Roy and Amanda's empty wall. Probably not the most glamorous shot in the world to use as a comparison to a variety of celebrities, but whatever. Keep in mind the hair and, ahem, highlights in the hair, do change from time to time so I get different names passed on different stages of hair. This entry would have been made ideal with a lot more pictures. But I don't have time for that. I've got comps to study for. And basketball to watch. And, you know, other important stuff. Anyway.....onward.



Celebrities I've been told I look like:

Matthew Lawrence
(this was the most recent -- yesterday, in fact -- prompting me to update this list for the blog. Most suprising because it means someone has actually given mere thought to Matthew Lawrence recently. )

Dave Grohl
(which I get the most. Probably justified)

Jim Carrey
(don't get it as much as I did, but still occasionally...within the last few weeks even. In my high school yearbook, one person signed "you really do look like that white guy on In Living Color." So I've been hearing this since before Jim Carrey even had a name.)

C. Thomas Howell
(in fact, a guy started yelling at me when I said I really didn't think I did look like him at all. So my apparent resemblance to C. Thomas Howell can lead to violence!)

Johnny Reznick
(this came from a girl in line in front of me at a fast food place: "You look just like the guy from the Goo-Goo Dolls!" I corrected her and told her she meant the Foo Fighters. She agreed.)

A young Pierce Brosnan
(this is true, actually. The quote was "Every day you look more like a young Pierce Brosnan. This came from a (blind?) male customer at the bookstore who was always just a little too friendly.)

Chris Rock
(Technically a friend said I looked like a cross between "Chris Rock and my brother." No idea what his brother looks like, but unless his brother looks more like me than I do, this seems unlikely.)

Cillian Murphy
Kid: You look like that guy from "Red Eye!"
Me: (perplexed) You mean Cillian Murphy?
Kid: That's him!
Ah, the joys of working with third graders.

7 comments:

GD said...

Dave Grohl

Dan said...

C. Thomas Howe is a brilliant match! And besides, haven't you deep down always despised those Soc's? They're probably responsible for your word bubble problems.

Defunct Books said...

Not sure who gd is, but it wasn't this GD.

Anyway, I get Dave Grohl all the time too, so apparently you and I look alike.

The other one I get is Tom Green, which was much better until he and Drew divorced.

Oh, and I once got John Elway.

All glamour picks to be sure...

Jason Olsen said...

Oddly, Greg, I've never been told you and I look alike. Take that for what you will.

And John Elway, huh? Well, he's a famous athlete and stuff. So that's cool.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the pitfalls of communicating with children.

"You look like... that guy... from that show... what's his name?"

At least with my kiddos, you can insert almost any name and they'll say Yes, that's the one. Carson Daly? Adam Sandler? Barney the Dinosaur? Sure. You're looking awfully purple lately.

Anonymous said...

I think you look like Ducky (Jon Cryer) in Pretty in Pink. Or at least, I think you will in a couple of weeks when Prom rolls around. "Blaine? That's his name? Blaine? That's not a name. That's an appliance!" White hot, Jason. White hot.

Anonymous said...

You look like that monkey on the internet who drinks its own pee.

Love, Mandie