Wednesday, March 01, 2006

This here blog is dependent upon so many things -- my naivete as far as thinking (1) anyone will care and (2) that I'll actually be capable of maintaining a blog.

My track record is not so good with #2 -- let's take a look at my personal blogging history: a LiveJournal from 2000 in which I had four -- 4! -- entries recorded for Tuesday, June 20th, 2000 (evidently the Lakers won the NBA title and I was excited. I mentioned something on there about whether or not the Angels could be next. Just be patient, younger version of me). And then an entry on June 22nd (where I reviewed "Sweet and Lowdown" in about 50 words. I seemed to be okay with the movie, but the review itself was pretty unappealing. I give my review a 4). And then my blog jumps to the 7th of July (in which I apologize for not updating my blog. Which seems like a bad sign for the future of this blog). And then July 8th contains this cryptic bit 'o information:

"I'm up! I'm up! Hopefully this match will be worthwhile!"

(I can only hope so). And then, much like a recovered log from a doomed tanker somewhere in the stormy Atlantic (that's a terrible analogy, right? A recovered log would likely be wet and unreadable), we come to my final entry, dated July 28th:

"Hey! I updated! I've been way behind the times...so I'll begin an attempt at correcting this. I don't have much to say at this point, but if nothing else...I have updated it. Let's see if I can keep that going!"

Alas, I couldn't. This brings us to my MySpace blog which, over the course of a year (over a year, really, but I couldn't bring myself to write "over a course of over a year" without parentheticals around it), I produced 10 entries. But I meant well. And, as anyone on MySpace would tell you, those blog entries were legend. Especially the one in which I discuss my lingering sadness over Constantine being voted off American Idol. It was a tough time for me. It was a good thing that I was a few weeks away from leaving the country for a while, because I just wasn't sure I could trust America again after that decision.

Anyway, we now know what we're up against. Here am I -- at as busy a time as I've ever been in my life and I'm trying again. This is destined to fail, right?

Let the failure begin.

2 comments:

Defunct Books said...

OK, but explain to me why you need a new location with which to rededicate yourself to blogging.

Did the move to Kalamazoo reinvigorate your writing?

And why not just rededicate yourself to posting blogs on MySpace? It's early here, I haven't had my coffee yet, and I get a notice that you posted a MySpace blog which ended up pertaining to the surreal idea of you writing blogs, only somewhere else. Are you sure you are not a member of the current administration?

Anonymous said...

My space is slutty, this is better than my space. You should have gotten an lj like the cool people.

cool people = me, your roomie and some other folk

I truely find it hard to believe that your myspace entries were "legendary" is this legendary like Jefferson Pops a Dandy...or legendary like 10 things not to do....blahblah? Either way, you may be misinterpreting the term legendary . Either way, I'll read it...I'm pitiful. really.

Am