Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Brackets!

I'm off to report for jury duty in a few minutes (and here's hoping that's as brief and painless as possible) but before I go, I've been meaning to share a book discovery that I came across in Newsweek a few weeks back. A book in which I am, apparently, the intended audience.

This happens every now and then, right? A movie/book/play/television show comes out and, it seems, it has been created entirely with you in mind. It's nice when it happens because it allows me/you to forgive all of the media released that so callously exists without any recognition of my/your needs whatsoever. Of course, the things that come out with an intended audience of me are usually universally reviled things like Mars Attacks. Still.

Anyway, the current book. As far as I know, it was released today. Here's the cover (which I took from BN.com if you're interested in that sort of thing).

Cover Image

So, yeah. It's a book that ranks stuff. In bracket form! This is the best thing ever, especially since I spent the better part of last Spring with a dry erase board with a pre-printed bracket imagining who would win a battle between my cat and a taco or the wind and a mesh baseball cap. Oh, it's exciting.

And, really the book looks fairly legit and cool and all that. I'm kind of excited about getting my hands on it. Eventually. I made a fairly large purchase recently and I probably shouldn't run out and get anything else frivolous. But this book does look fun.

So our current match-up is staying inside vs. reporting for jury duty. Ack, I think I know what wins this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we know who wins Sofia vs. wind every time.

Amanderpanderer said...

Bruce v. food is a toss up (it depends on the food and it's theoretical aggression towards dogs).

Who won in the cat v. taco throwdown?

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest thing for our WHOLE family! I may have to pick it up. What a neat idea. :)

Jason Olsen said...

Bender beats taco, of course. Bender was ultimately eliminated by spray bottle.

Anonymous said...

For the love of March, we need you to post your tourny picks sir. Today at work, this kid almost had me sold that I should do an MFA at Kansas over Indiana because of their team... I'm catching the fever!