Sunday, March 11, 2007

What time is it?

What time is it? I have no idea. I mean, have you been to my house? You think the clocks are going to give you the answer you're looking for? Well, anyway, it's 3:45 PM. Thankfully Kevin is on point with the whole daylight savings time thing and has his share of clocks updated. I don't. For example, here's a clock in the kitchen:

And here's what my watch says:

I love this watch because it allows me to have two different incorrect times at once. The hands read 12:40, I think. The digital readout is 44:41. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it's probably more accurate than the microwave:

"What time is it?" "Oh, it's :40." "Thanks!"

And what about the clock that sits beside my bed? The one on my nightstand that makes sure I am always in touch and connected to the pulse of the world? Well, it says:


Here's one that works! It's in my living room!


And, before you get all impressed and what-not because I set it ahead an hour and all that, I'll confess that I did indeed set it ahead an hour. A year ago. I figure, you know, it's right on for half the year and that's pretty good, really.

2 comments:

Amanderpanderer said...

I've got one of those automatic-setting alarm clocks...it naturally sets itself according to some aspect of the universe that I fail to recall. Well, it took me 1 hour to override said fancy clock's insistance upon daylight savings time change occurring April 2nd. I believe I shall deny the existence of DST as a form of protest. Fie on thee, arbitrary time changers!!!

Anonymous said...

it's 7:50, loser.